● 1 in 3 Americans Say They've Been Cheated On, Only 28% Say Relationship Survived the Cheating
● 63% of Americans Who Are Divorced Have Been Cheated On, 78% Expect Unfaithfulness to Repeat
NEWS PROVIDED BY
July 28, 2021
NASHVILLE, July 28, 2021 /Standard Newswire/ -- A new HarrisX/Marriage Helper poll exploring Americans' thoughts and experiences with infidelity. Results are from a survey conducted online from July 15-16, 2021, of 1,001 U.S. adults nationwide with a sampling margin of error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.
"This is the direct result of a focus on instant self-gratification over doing what is best for the long-term relationship, which is also why this research shows only one-quarter of young people have even been in a serious relationship," said Kimberly Holmes, CEO of Marriage Helper and author of 5 Signs Your Spouse is Cheating. "In the case of married couples, affairs are rarely the core issue, they're a symptom of underlying problems that need to be addressed. Affairs are also one of the top reasons that marriages end in divorce—a staggering 63% of divorced Americans cite infidelity as a reason—and bring an onslaught of hurt and pain to all involved. That's why we're offering our two books on this topic for free, one on how to identify cheating and another on how to address it. Cheating has to be taken head on before it's too late."
A link to a complete graphic breakdown of the poll can be found here:
KEY Polling Insights:
- 31% of US Adults Say They Have, or May Have, Experienced Infidelity, And 25% of Single Americans Have Never Been in a Serious Romantic Relationship
o 18% of married Americans say they have, or might have, experienced infidelity.
o 30% of single Americans say they have, or might have, experienced infidelity.
o 63% of divorced/separated Americans say they have, or might have, experienced infidelity.
- 65% of Adults Overall Say Partners Who Have Been Unfaithful Will Probably or Definitely Be Unfaithful Again
o 58% of married people say unfaithful partners will probably or definitely be unfaithful again.
o 72% of single people say unfaithful partners will probably or definitely be unfaithful again.
o 78% of divorced/separated people say unfaithful partners will probably or definitely be unfaithful again.
- 28% of Americans Who Have, or May Have, Experienced Infidelity Say Their Relationship Survived the Infidelity
○ 53% of married Americans who have, or may have, experienced infidelity say their relationship survived the relationship.
○ 15% of single Americans who have, or may have, experienced infidelity say their relationship survived the relationship.
○ 12% of divorced/separated Americans who have, or may have, experienced infidelity say their relationship survived the relationship.
KEY Resources from Marriage Helper:
About Marriage Helper
Marriage Helper rebuilds marriages and strengthens families through online resources, courses, and marriage coaching. The organization's unique approach—using practical tips and relationship tools based on proven research and real world experience—has been used by hundreds of thousands of people.
HarrisX Poll Methodology
The sampling margin of error of this poll is plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. The results reflect a nationally representative sample of U.S. adults. Results were weighted for age by gender, region, race/ethnicity, marital status, and income where necessary to align them with their actual proportions in the population.
SOURCE Marriage Helper
CONTACT: 323-379-5180, Press@inspire.buzz