NEWS PROVIDED BY
Christian Indie Publishing, LLC
June 30, 2021
PENSACOLA, Fla., June 30, 2021 /Standard Newswire/ -- Nearly 1 in 4 children are overweight or suffer from obesity. Susan U. Neal wants to eradicate this epidemic by educating children about developing wholesome eating habits through her newest release, Eat God's Food: A Kid's Guide to Healthy Eating. Susan helped thousands improve their health and weight with her award-winning bestseller, 7 Steps to Get Off Sugar and Carbohydrates. Now she's educating children through picture books.
Instead of letting a child's taste buds rule over the family's food choices, Eat God's Food teaches them to love the right kinds of food before they form bad eating habits. Susan says, "Kindergarteners who are overweight are four times more likely to have obesity by eighth grade. It's easier to influence a child's food and physical activity choices when they are young. Kids are smart; they can understand that whole foods contain nutrients and processed foods don't."
Eat God's Food teaches children to avoid junk food and instead:
- drink water, not beverages that are loaded with sugar
- avoid prepackaged foods because they do not provide the body with vitamins and minerals
- read food labels to determine if food companies added sugar, corn syrup, preservatives, or other harmful ingredients
Eat God's Food also includes fun educational activities:
- Draw vegetables
- Identify fruit colors
- Count the vegetables you have eaten (50+ listed)
- Match nuts, grains, and seeds with their pictures
- Find high-protein foods
- Determine when seasonal fruits and vegetables ripen
- Seek and find fruit
- Identify unhealthy items on a food label
Teaching kids early in their formative years to eat a healthy diet and limit caloric-rich sweets and processed foods is key to decreasing the childhood obesity epidemic.
Eat God's Food (ISBN 978-1649492890 Trade Paper $12.99, ISBN 978-1649492906 Hardcover $24.99)from Elk Lake Publishing is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
SOURCE Christian Indie Publishing, LLC
CONTACT: Susan Neal, 850-393-3681, CIPA@ChristianPublishers.net